Saturday, September 11, 2004

Welcome to the World

Greetings World Citizen!

Thank you for trying bushbabybushbaby.

It is Saturday morning, which means: Mexican Breakfast at YJ's.

Eggs: Your way. I tend to have them over medium most of the time. Black beans, a little spicy. Fresh Pico de Gallo (chopped onion, tomato, and cilantro) a corncake, avocado, farmers' cheese and sour cream, some tortillas.

I make little burritos, making certain that all ingredients can be savored in each bite. Anyone watching me make my little burrito would consider me a mad genius or an anal obsessive compulsive. I doubt the two are mutually exclusive. Before rolling, I like to liberally sprinkle some salsa on there, maybe Cholula, Tabasco, or some savory equivelent.

YJ's is located near downtown Kansas City, MO, USA, on 17th Street in the crossroads between Baltimore and Wyandotte. It is one of the finest 3rd World Snack Bars in the 1st World.

Mexican Breakfast is only offered on Saturdays between 9 am and 1:30 pm. YJ's menu is a calendar, with set lunches and dinners 7 days a week. (For instance, I also enjoy the Mayan Tostadas on Monday nights, and the Vegetarian Lasagna on Wednesday nights. I recently tried the Saturday Catfish feast dinner, and it is great too, but not quite as vegetarian as I like to eat.)

More on YJ's in upcoming entries, I'm sure. For now: BREAKFAST!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!